page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-546,bridge-core-2.2.6,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode_grid_1200,footer_responsive_adv,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-21.3,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.2.0,vc_responsive


Are you currently managing your own property and need to file an eviction on a non-paying tenant in Hidalgo County? You have come to the right place! We represent local and out-of-state landlords, multi-family communities, and real estate professionals

What is an Eviction?

An eviction is the legal process by which a landlord removes a tenant and other occupants from rented property. A landlord can bring an eviction lawsuit if a tenant fails to pay the rent required by the lease agreement.

Eviction may also occur for other reasons, such as if a tenant fails to do things required by the lease other than pay rent. A tenant can also be evicted for staying longer than the lease agreement allows without the permission of the landlord.

If the landlord provides evidence of any of these reasons and the tenant fails to prove otherwise, the court can order the tenant to move out even if he or she does not want to move.

If the tenant refuses to move, the constable or sheriff can cause the physical removal of the tenant, all occupants, and all belongings from the leased property.

Eviction Process

The eviction process is a formal procedure that will include going to the Justice of the Peace (JP) court or possibly to a higher court. Evictions can be complicated. The landlord must first deliver a written Notice to Vacate to the tenant.

If the tenant does not move out after the deadline in the notice, the landlord must file an eviction suit with the JP court. A constable will deliver an eviction citation to the tenant. The citation will set a hearing date.

If the tenant loses the eviction, the tenant will have five days to appeal the decision or move out. If the tenant fails to move out or does not appeal, a Writ of Possession may be filed with the court to seek the possession of the property.

Writ of Possession

A Writ of Possession becomes necessary when the tenant does not move out within the 5-day grace period (not to include Sundays) given to them by the Courts after the judgment of Eviction and Possession has been granted to the property owner.

This process is typically called the “physical eviction” and is only need about 22% of the time. If the tenants have not moved themselves and their belongings out by the 6th day after judgment, a Writ of Possession is filed with the court.

Once the Writ has been served to the tenants (normally within 72 hours); the tenants then have 24 hours to vacate the property.

If they still have not vacated, the constable will return to the property to ensure that the property is delivered back to the owner. In some cases, moving crews will have to be hired to remove the tenant’s personal property to the curb or designated area per the Texas Property Code.

The constable, landlord, or landlord representatives are not responsible for any damages or theft of items left on the curb or designated area per the Texas Property code of the tenant’s personal property.


Our Eviction Service Fee is $350.00. Property owners are responsible for paying any court fees.

What’s included:

  • Collect documentation which includes unpaid rent owed to the owner
  • Serve Legal notice to tenant and all occupants, typically called a “3-Day Notice to Vacate” by regular mail, certified mail, and/or in person.
  • We guarantee all legal paperwork to the tenant and to the court is 100% accurate.
  • File legal paperwork and pay filing fee with Justice of Peace Court
  • Attend court on your behalf and seek judgment of eviction & possession
  • Writ of Possession filing – see explanation below.

We cannot represent owners in an appeal situation. This must be handled by a licensed attorney or by the property owner personally.